Monday, August 13, 2007

Lunch in DC

I drove "downtown" today (Washington, DC) to have lunch with one of the piano players from my church, who is also a good friend. He works directly across Pennsylania Avenue from the White House. I was supposed to meet him at 12:30, but I got there a bit early, so I sat on a bench in Lafayette Park. I watched all of the tourists (a lot of them had fanny packs around their waists), and some of the people in suits to see if I recognized anyone famous. I also noticed how incredibly well guarded the White House is when I walked up to the gate. I suppose that makes sense...

It's still crazy to think that from my office at the church, to this spot where I took this picture (taken from my cell phone, which is why it's a terrible picture), is only 9.8 miles.

1 comment:

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.