Thursday, September 06, 2007

Labor Day in DC

Before we get into the whole labor day thing, here are a few pictures from our anniversary dinner. :)


Um, this was my salad. It looked amazing. And tasted...well, if I'm honest, I like Outback house salads better. But this was very exotic tasting.


Feeling fat. :)


And on to labor day.

We had booked tickets to England for a week (half of which Jamie will spend in Oxford at a worship leaders retreat.) So we spent the morning thinking and talking about that. Then we drove into DC to walk around for a bit.


I have to admit that normally when Jamie wants to go into DC I'm a bit reluctant. My image of it tends to be of awful traffic, crowds, and darkness. (Maybe because when we have gone into DC its usually been after work.)

But this time, I was regretting how few times we go there. It was beautiful. Hot weather, but not unbareable. But the sky was deep blue and the sun was bright and it all looked so clean and beautiful.



Look at the amazing view! ;-)


We walked around the Washington Monument and through the mall area. I LOVE the WWII Memorial. Seriously one of my favorites, or my favorite, memorial.


The view from the WWII Memorial of the Lincoln Memorial. And a duck.

And me with that same view. :)

This duck, and several others in a row with it, decided that bottoms up was the way to go. :)

Then we walked around the White House. I couldn't stop thinking about the similarities and differences between the White House and Buckingham Palace. I am so excited to be there in 3 weeks! :) In all the comparison, though, I was struck by the simple beauty of so much of DC. It really is a great city and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: