Thursday, July 02, 2009

Its July Already?

How does a whole other month go by with no update? Sorry to anyone who keeps checking this thing. I'm thinking that's probably no one by now! And its not like there's nothing going on in our lives to update about.

First, Baby Girl Brown. She's doing well. I'm 26 weeks (just over 6 months) along and really feeling pretty good. A little back ache when I sit or stand or lay on one side too long. But not too bad. Oh, and heart burn. But that's about it. Definitely maternity clothes only from this point on. No more squeezing into my biggest pre-pregnancy clothes with just a belly-band to help me out. Ha ha. I'm loving the same black pants for work every day. It sure makes things easy. :)

This past Monday I had my glucose test. That's kind of the big one for our pregnancy, I think, because gestation diabetes is the one complication I'm at highest risk for because of family history, etc. But I'm excited to be at this place where we can find out if we need to do anything about it and act on it if we do. So far, no word, but I think that means everything is ok, since they told me they would get a hold of me by the end of the week if there was a problem.

As far as I can tell, our girl is very healthy. She has been super active. Yesterday I really don't think she went more than half an hour the entire time I was awake without kicking and squirming and somersaulting. Today she was a bit more subdued. But I think its because I didn't snack between breakfast and lunch and she was HUNGRY!

Other things that I think are fun? She loves to kick my seatbelt and the computer. She can actually make the computer move! And, I'm not sure if its just been a coincidence, but there have been several times when she's been pretty quiet but when Jamie started talking to my belly, she started squirming and kicking again. I hope its because she recognizes his voice already! He loves her so much.

Work is still good...although a little more difficult. I think one of the main things I've noticed in pregnancy is that I am more easily annoyed. It used to take a lot to even make me feel annoyance. Now, I feel it all the time at work! I'm really working on not giving in to it, but trying to maintain a "not easily angered" loving attitude toward everyone. After all, if things don't annoy you, its no virtue not to react, right? There have been a couple times when I've really been convicted to act with patience and pray for peace. (Jamie's encouragement over g-chat helps a lot with this!)

It does seem like we've been pretty busy recently. I think we've had guests sleeping in our guest room almost every other weekend for a couple months now. And the weekends we (or more like I) have off, we spend recovering! But it is a blessing to have this place where we have room for people to stay. We were just discussing yesterday how it really makes a place feel like home when you can have people you love come stay with you. We want to be hospitable.

Speaking of busyness, I need to go clean....busy weekends mean that the house has not been thoroughly cleaned in several weeks. I think it might be time to clean that scuff of something off the kitchen floor. :)

No comments: