Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Beautiful Megan at 8 weeks and younger

When I talked to my friend Adriel for the first time after Megan was born she asked me what were the little things that I loved about her. Here are some of them:
- She has this
super cute curly cowlick on her forehead. Since she's lost most of the downy hair that covered her when she was born, you can't see it very well right now, but if she gets hair there when she's older its gonna be super annoying to her. I think its super cute and really hope she does get hair there just so I can see it. :) (You can kind of see it to the left of the hair that is hanging down over her forehead in this picture.)


- When she was born her ears seriously looked like they were on upside-down. So cute. They were wider at the bottom and narrower at the top. They're starting to be more even now, but I loved that my girl had upside-down ears for a little while.
- I think every newborn does it, but she totally snores...only it sounds like a purr. Its so sweet to have her on your chest and hear her purring her contentment. She also sometimes sings with every breath. I love it.
- When she was born, her big toe nails were pointy and I was kind of worried that she would get ingrown toenails. But they grew and the points broke off. But it was such a cute little thing that showed that she wasn't quite "cooked" when she was born.

- When she finishes eating and you pick her up to burp her, she arches her back with her legs curled up (her little butt sticks out in a very cute way) and purses her lips. (It reminds me of that Full House episode where Michelle gets in trouble for calling that boy "duckface". Except Duckface looked weird and was annoying and Megan is super cute.)

duck+face+full+house.jpg

- When she's asleep her little mouth is locked shut. Its impossible to get her to eat unless she wants to!

- She's just started smiling in the last couple weeks and more frequently more recently. Yesterday I discovered that she LOVES when I whistle for her. I start whistling "twinkle, twinkle little star" or "Jesus loves me" and she just lights up.
- There're so many sweet things when she eats. But especially when she was just a week or so old she would just get so panicky, rooting around for food, that it could be right in her mouth and she'd be frantically shaking her head back and forth with her mouth wide open. Gah. The cutest (and most pitiful) thing ever. Now she sometimes does it when she's trying to get her pacifier and its just plain cute. (Not pitiful because she's getting plenty to eat and she knows very well how to get it!)

No comments: