Saturday, April 28, 2007

What's Happening

One of the cool things about this blog is that Google lets us see what parts of the country are looking at our blog. There are the obvious locations like Miami (my family), Texas (Catherine's grandparents), Virginia (most of our friends), and scattered locations like Missoula (that's in Montana...), Chicago, and even England. One of Catherine's friends is in Japan so we see that too. It has been weird, though, seeing that our blog has been viewed once in Russia (we don't know anyone who lives in Russia) and once in China (we think we know someone who is traveling around China.) Anyways, hello to all our friends and family around the google map who read our blog.

We both just got home from the Saturday service at TFC. Tonight, John Yates preached on God doing new things, both in our local church, in our national and international Anglican church, and in our lives.

Tomorrow after church I'm flying to Atlanta, where I'll be leading worship for an Alpha Training Conference. I always enjoy these conferences, but it's never fun being away from Catherine. All of you who are married know how this feels, I'm sure. The conference is being held at the Atlanta Salvation Army Temple. I was talking with their sound engineer this past week and he told me that on Sunday mornings there, in addtion to their worship team, they have a 30-piece brass orchestra. I had no idea Salvation Army churches had bands like that. Unfortunately at this conference, it will only be me. Sure would be a blast (no pun intended) to play with their band though.

I'm off to go help with dinner. Catherine's cooking (thank goodness...)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How can you see that? I didn't know you could do that!
Thanks for the link! I will add you guys sometime soon =)

Anonymous said...

You can see that on xanga too, and I hope when you said 'england' you meant someone else, and not the UK or scotland, cause that will land you in a world of trouble

James