Thursday, May 03, 2007

May at work

I'm at work...
I know, I shouldn't be blogging. But its after 5 and I'm just waiting for them to finish with a patient who was late because of traffic. Yup, that happens pretty much every other day. :)
Anyway, May is a fun month in the office. Dr. Sellers opened his office here 25 years ago in May of 1982. We're doing all kinds of things to celebrate. We have a banner and silver dangly 25s hanging from the ceiling.
We're doing daily, weekly, and a monthly drawing for special prizes. We're going out to dinner as a staff on May 31st. We're giving away chapstick that is a yummy "shamrock" flavor.
And now the patient has left so I'm leaving pretty soon. Just have to do the final stuff... :)

...

Ok, so I wrote that on Thursday and now I'll finish it.

Other things we're doing in May that make it just a bit more interesting:

- each bringing in a photo of ourselves 25 years ago. He he. Almost everyone except me has those really beautiful "wings" in their hair.
- playing music from the 80s - we have some wonderful old Michael W. Smith and Phil Keaggy (its hard to find cds of 80s Christian music) and then we extended it to just oldies, as long as its appropriate. So Phyllis, who works at the front desk with me, disappears into nostalgia whenever the "Best of the 60s" instrumental cd comes on.
- displaying a photo of the dentist 25 years ago.

I guess thats it. But if you have ever gone to Dr. Sellers, come by and say hi sometime during May. Its really amazing me how many people have come in just in the past week and said that they have been coming to him since before he moved into his own office 25 years ago - 4 in the day that we counted! The first person to come in last week brought us a beautiful plant with a "Happy Anniversary" balloon. It makes me realize how much our practice is really very small community like even though we're right in the middle of the DC metro area. People love us and are attached to us and its kind of fun to be a part of that. People drive from hours away every week just to come get their teeth cleaned or get fillings or something....

If you need a dentist, come on over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When did you start working at Dr. Sellers? He was my dentist when I used to live in VA! That is so crazy that you work there now! Hope you two are well :)