Saturday, June 09, 2007

Barbacoa

My goal is to make barbacoa like they have at Chipotle. The problem? When I look it up online all I can find is special cooking methods like baking underground or something. (Ok, I looked it up awhile ago and don't remember the details - but I do remember it wasn't practical for me, an apartment dwelling suburbanite with not even a balcony to my name. :))

I decided to try it anyway.

Ingredients:
About 2 ziplock baggies full of stewing meat - mostly defrosted.
One can of coke
A little bit of butter
1.5 packages of dry southwest marinade
1.5 Tblspns of garlic

Smear the butter around your crock pot so stuff doesn't stick.
Put the garlic on the bottom
Put meat in
Pour marinade powder over top
Pour coke over top
Cook on high for 3-4 hours. (Lets hope, because that's when dinner is!)

I'll let you know how it goes. (And if you have a better way, please, please let me know because I kind of think this will fail! :))

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I hope it's yummy...I've never had barbacoa. I'm glad you're still reading our blog! We should talk--when is a good time to call you?

Unknown said...

When I saw the title of your post and my stomach jumped because where I lived in México barbacoa was cow brains. Remember, always keep your food prion free :).

Catherine Brown said...

Ew. Definitely not cow brains.

Jamie said...

I think that actually might be kind of tasty.