Sunday, June 10, 2007

Barbacoa Follow-up

So, we finally got around to eating my concoction tonight. Last night we ended up going out to dinner with some friends, so the "barbacoa" actually cooked for more like, oh, probably 6 hours. I then stuck it immediately in the refrigerator minus some of the "juices" (ie southwestern flavored coke).

Oh, and the "meat" was beef.

Tonight, I heated up part of it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I had also stir-fried a red bell pepper and an onion together with some garlic (but so little that it couldn't be tasted). And I made up my own corn salsa type thing to replicate Chipotle. Mine had:
Maybe 10 cherry/grape tomatoes cut in quarters
Some green onion (chives type) cut up
About 1/3 small can of green chili peppers like you put in Patti's low-fat chicken enchiladas
1 can of corn (yum)
Pepper and salt
I mixed it all together and, waa-lah. Well, I didn't try it on its own, so don't blame me if its not that great.

Anyway, I put all the different things in different bowls, added some grated extra-sharp cheddar, sour cream, lettuce, regular salsa (in case Jamie wasn't a big fan of the corn type), and warm tortillas to the table, and we were ready.

I think it tasted ok. The meat's texture wasn't the greatest, but I think it was flavorful enough. The texture probably would have been better if it hadn't cooked so long, maybe? It could have been a bit more spicy, but the mixture of everything tasted good together. (It was like a fajita burrito, I suppose.) Mostly, I couldn't taste the meat because there were so many other flavors. But it can't have been too bad because Jamie ok'ed having the left-overs for dinner on Tuesday. (Monday is too soon for me!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.